Online Assessment Platforms demo, 21st April 2016
A demonstration of two products, Revisely and Cirrus Assessment, took place at Birkbeck on Thursday 21st April 2016. The software suppliers are start-up companies and their products - which are still evolving - offer varying affordances for delivering online assessment.
- Revisely is an online application for the correction of texts, such as essays. The software supports the teacher during the entire process of writing assignments.
- Using the powerful correction tool, the teacher can add observations and feedback to the students’ texts.
- Revisely works online, no installation required, and can be used on desktops, laptops, tablets and iPads.
- Revisely makes use of the text matching software, URKUND
- Cirrus is an end to end assessment platform which supports educators and learners throughout the assessment process. Designed with ease of use in mind, Cirrus operates across any browser enabled device and is cloud-based for increased availability and scalability.
- Cirrus' marking tools make this stage of the assessment cycle quick and efficient and reduce the chance of administrative errors. The data feeds directly into their reporting and analytics system giving the user speedy access to the information needed to finalise the grades.
You can access the recording of the session here