Xerte Show & Tell - 12th May 2015
Xerte is an open-source web authoring tool, which enables the creation of media-rich learning resources such as quizzes, user guides and content collections. The purpose of this session was to introduce what Xerte is to teaching and support staff and to share current examples.
- Beth Clark, SOAS
- Welcome to SOAS Library (virtual Library tour)
- Understanding a reading list
- Heidi Ward, SOAS
SOAS' Study Skills resources, developed in-house, consist of many useful Xerte-produced objects, including this one for preparing students for lectures.
- Elizabeth Charles, Birkbeck
- Understanding your reading list
- Steve Hirons, Birkbeck
Steve explains how he teaches properties of minerals to
distant learners using learning objects he's created in Xerte
4. Getting Clever with Xerte - Colin Loughlin, University of Surrey
- Sarah has set up a mailing list for all Bloomsbury staff who are interested in Xerte. Join the list here.
- Sarah is investigating arranging access to a Xerte environment for colleagues at LSHTM, RVC and UCL IoE.
Event evaluation form
Xerte Community website - http://www.xerte.org.uk/index.php?lang=en
Xerte toolkit, which demonstrates the different functionality of Xerte (NB it is the older version) http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/toolkits/play_8203
Recording of the session